Welcome! Today we’re talking to Alyssa Daire Nelson about maximizing your strengths. The introduction to this episode was in last week’s Episode 10. Please listen if you haven’t! Alyssa is a personal strengths coach and the owner of Daire Success Coaching. She helps businesses and solo entrepreneurs maximize their innate strengths. Her greatest joy is seeing breakthroughs occur when people maximize their strengths instead of fixing their weaknesses. I met Alyssa at a podcast conference, where we were both learning about all aspects of our new journeys into podcasting. I was on her show recently and took her strengths test. She’s here today to talk about her work and to analyze the results of my test.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Alyssa shares her “Aha” moment in her early 30’s.
- The Strengthsfinder Profile test is the product of 40 years of research.
- The profile test has 180 questions, mostly based on “Would you prefer _____ or ______? It takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- The profile test helps you identify triggers about others that may “drive you crazy.”
- Why people are not meant to be well-rounded!
- We lean into our top 10-15 strengths ALL the time.
- Each strength has a need, and when the needs aren’t honored, we experience frustration.
- Alan’s top strengths are positivity, maximize, learner, individualization, and achiever. Alyssa explains each strength and the danger in its overuse.
- “Two-thirds of our weaknesses are just strengths misapplied.”
- In maximizing our strengths, we take care of many of our weaknesses.
Maximize Your Strengths podcast
Truth & Daire weekly email newsletter