This week, we have Karla Majewski to tell us about her animal business. She and her family live on 4 acres in California with almost 200 exotic animals. For nearly 3 decades, her company, Pacific Animal Productions, has been helping to conserve wildlife and endangered species while educating people about the wonders of wildlife. During animal “edu-tainment” exhibits, she lets people see and touch the animals. She comes up with inspired ideas that are mutually beneficial to both humans and animals. She even feeds people with crickets – stir-fried, in tacos, to provide safe animal protein to people.
- How eating insects is becoming more popular around the world
- Her school programs – educational show about animals
- What edutainment accomplishes
- The most renewable protein source for humans - crickets!
- Making cricket tacos in her shows
- She likes grasshoppers too!
- Bugs are pollinators therefore beneficial for men and nature
- Why kids today know more about animals than kids did in the past
- She employs 5 full time zoo keepers to take care of almost 200 animals
- Her purpose for teaching children about animals
- The biggest challenge she had encountered
- The regulation and licenses she has for her animals
- Her plans for the future