Welcome to our first guest episode! Roberto the Magnificent is an excellent performer who has been in the entertainment business for a long time. He started as a juggler at age 11, in 1981, and has now performed in fairs in 46 states! Roberto’s show includes interactive comedy with amazing stunts; he has opened for many well-known celebrities and artists and appeared on many TV shows. Let’s catch up with my friend, Roberto!
In this episode, you’ll hear the following:
- How he got his start at age 12!
- His first experience at "passing the hat"
- The best advice he got from his parents, regarding his unconventional career
- The Gentleman Jugglers
- Marriage to an entertainer is NOT easy!
- During difficult times, Rob found therapy in his work
- Hear his story about falling during a New Zealand show and finishing the show despite a broken wrist!
- Rob has developed about 13 unique characters and themes
- “The greatest compliment is when a kid aspires to be just like me.”
- How Rob recommends getting started in the business
- “Part of learning is having things NOT go your way. Learn from mistakes and use them to your benefit.”
- Find Roberto at www.robertothemagnificent.com.